Thursday, November 20, 2008

JoJo's top trekkin tip...

DON'T do a 12km trek in a pair of Birkenstocks ;) - What was I thinking?! Is ok, have just got the one blister, but I was nearly feeling quite distressed about the whole situation when I'd been walking for 3 hours in the middle of this tea plantation in Munnar with noone around but a few local local people and not knowing where to go :S. Managed to flag a full rickshaw down to gimme a lift to the nearest bus stop tho, thank fk for that!

So, yeah - Munnar is pretty damn beautiful! Tea plantations stretch for absolute miles and the hills around here are beautiful. The climate is a lot cooler too, which is a nice change - have barely sweated today (except for when I was starting to get lost like :P). I followed this walk in the LP, they made it sound well easy but it weren't :/, but twas ace - took me through the middle of this plantation (all over the damned thing in fact) and I came accross a few workers on their lunch breaks eating from their tiffin, walked for blooming ages, then bumped into the lunchtime watchman, who informed me that I was tresspassin on private land - no trekkers allowed. But the dude just walked me to a short cut to these falls and we chatted along the way - ace again! Walked passed the villages of the plantations, twas proper cool and a nice peaceful walk, bar the blister and near panic that I might be lost there forever ;).

Gonna move on again in the morning, make it to Cochin so I can make it up the coast and have some more chill out and settle for a bit.

And I haven't forgot about photos, I will nab someone to do it for me soon, as I am loveably useless :D. xx

No comments: