Sunday, December 21, 2008

Conclusions - ish

So, India = Ace.

This is a bit of a cop out again - my mind is jet lag mush...

Um... right, my favourite ways of travellin around are:

-By train (sleeper class) - always a hive of activity, you get to meet nice people/families (well I did anyway) and there is always tasty food/drinks on offer and you can see things proper

-By local bus - although very bloody uncomfortable on some roads, it's well cheap and you don't get hassled/conned (like in a rickshaw!) and again, you get the opportunity to chat to people and take in the scenery. What isn't nice mind, is a number of the proper rank, literally shit hole vile state of some of the bus station toilets. Like literally, shit and piss everywhere, in and out of the cubicles, on the floor, up the walls - but, when ya gotta go, you gotta go. Nearly whacked some Indian when he had the cheek to ask me for 5Rs for having a piss in the loo - what friggin for!! (and the piss in the loo was more like a hover in the direction on a drain where there wasn't poo/flies everywhere... nice :))

Right - poo filth over with.

I'm really glad I spent the last few wks in one place. It gave me the opprtunity to make some friends, build/assess relationships etc... and proper have me time, which is what everyone needs once in a while eh. The last 48hours were probably the most important too, probably where things really started to click into place from this little lone jaunt of mine...

Never got round to meeting Becky - could have maybe just done it, but it obv weren't meant to be - oh well eh, til next time...

And now I'm in Sydney!! It's well good - got ma sis, mum and step dad Nige, me aunt and some of our dearest family friends too - also, got a well nice surprise when my sister sprung my mate Ade at the door Sat eve!! Well good! I haven't seen this boy in 2.5 years - he's been living in Japan and travellin round Asia, known his since I got to Manchester, one of my proper besty boys - have missed him loads and thought our paths may not cross, but they kept it nice and secret for me, screamed me lungs out when I saw him - had that nice fluffy friend feelin like when I got me camera from the Manchester crew before I left :D.

Man I love my mates :)

Right sop over, my eyes are hurting and the sun's shining outside, just been handed a beer and I'm doin yoga later with my aunt (the Aussie way eh, never quite made it to a sesh when I was in India, doh ;)).

Drop us a line on FB yeah, or set up skype, would be ace for a catch up... oh yeah, I got an Aussie mob number too, messgae if ya want it like.

Much love, miss you all - I hear it's bloody cold :P!! Happy crimbo etc :)

jojo xxxx

No comments: